‘Golf GTI’ by Shitwife
You know you want to see a band called Shitwife. Come to Servant Jazz Quarters in Dalston tonight!
‘Golf GTI’ by Shitwife
So, I was out on my bike in Box Hill last Sunday morning, and this happened:
Bollocks. Was hoping I wouldn’t have to use my YO BIKESHOP hack so soon…
A good opportunity to try out my YO BIKESHOP hack, you would think… but I quickly noticed that out in the middle of nowhere, on a Sunday morning when many bike shops are closed, my existing search functionality didn’t find any results.
So over the last couple of evenings I tweaked the search, so if it’s not finding a result very nearby, it will gradually widen the search area, in the hope there’s something open a little further out. This should help in a situation where the nearest open bike shop is more than a couple of miles away (it won’t search any further than 50km away, since that’s a limitation of the Google Places API I’m using, and that’s probably further than you’d want to go anyway).
And because BIKESHOP has already well over 500 subscribers, I thought the hack deserved its own domain, so I give you http://yobikeshop.com!
The site should work well on a mobile phone (RESPONSIVE, BABY!).
As ever - ping me via @mario on Twitter with any feedback or - god forbid - problems!
In the immortal words of the great Matt LeMay:
We don’t iterate, we iter-GREAT! We iterate until something is GREAT! Wait where are you going— Matt LeMay (@mattlemay) October 9, 2014
If you’ve ever broken down on your bike, you usually just want to know where your nearest open bike shop is, so they can fix you up and get you back on your way as soon as possible.
And if you’ve been wondering why you want to use the Yo App… well, if the above scenario sounds familiar, I give you at least one reason: the BIKESHOP Yo service I knocked up today while having lunch - entirely bootstrapped! ;)
- install the latest version of YO on your iPhone (link), Android (link), or Windows (link) device. It needs to be the latest version, since older versions don’t support location.
- add “BIKESHOP” as a new contact
- PROTIP: Click on this link http://justyo.co/BIKESHOP on your mobile device, and it will prompt you to install Yo (if needed) and add BIKESHOP to your contacts
- double-tap on BIKESHOP, which sends us your location (double-tap is important: if you only tap once, we won’t get your location, so we won’t know where you are)
- we send you back a YO that contains a link to your nearest, currently open, bike shop
If your phone prompts you at any time about location, make sure you give permission to use location.
(If there’s problems because some of my sandwich fell into the code and messed things up, hit me up on Twitter at @mario)
NOTE: Some users have reported a problem with the Yo App when double-tapping a contact, where it just spins and never sends the Yo. As far as we can tell this is a problem with the Yo app itself, rather than the BIKESHOP application, so it’d be best to report it to the Yo guys themselves.
‘Poontang’ by Ladyscraper
Ended up here via @proofpositivegig -> @shitwifeband… from jazz quarters to breakcore squats ;)
‘Roehre’ by Camera is my new jam.
‘Riding Bikes’ by Shellac
I’M RIDING BIKES
‘Ladybird’ by Shit And Shine
Do I win a @thisismyjam prize for a 41-minute jam? (It’s good too)
The extended live versions of this song are so amazing. Tooting next week!
‘Tiger Woods’ by Claude Speeed is my new jam.
‘The Breaking Hands’ by The Gun Club
"The sun and sea are smiling, while you’re going to bed"
Half Japanese - In Its Pull
This was a surprise to me - in September the first Half Japanese record in 13 years will be coming out. This is the...
- “… Clemons kept his horn with him on his off days too. If he drove past a lively looking bar and heard music coming out, he’d stop immediately and...”
- “It’s sharing. If a person likes one song, then you know what’s likely to happen? They’ll press the download arrow and own it for free. You won’t...”
Muuy Biien - White Ego
Bandcamp tags: “punk, ambient punk, junk rock, Atlanta”
Thee Silver Mount Zion Orchestra - Birds Toss Precious Flowers
I’m totally run down, can’t seem at all this week to get my energy levels above...
great song. turn it up. i believe J Mascis plays on this. only one person can make a guitar sound like that.
Chris Forsyth & The Solar Motel Band - Cortez the Killer
Aggressive, raw, incredible, extended Neil Young workout.